Trump has complained at several campaign rallies that the media “refuses to talk about” anything except COVID-19, which is surging around the country as new cases and hospitalizations spike. At a North Carolina event on Oct. 25, Trump said: “That’s all I hear about now. Turn on the television, ‘COVID, COVID. COVID, COVID, COVID.’ A plane goes down, 500 people dead and they don’t talk about it.”
“It’s weird that Donald Trump is saying this when he’s the one still talking shit from 2015,” Noah said on “The Daily Show.” “COVID, COVID, COVID. I’m so bored. Why isn’t anyone talking about Hillary’s emails?”
“Oh and by the way, maybe the reason why the news isn’t talking about the plane that went down with 500 people is because there was no plane that went down with 500 people,” Noah added. “And if you think 500 pretend people dying is big news, remember that almost 1,000 real people a day are still dying from COVID, COVID, COVID.”
Watch his roast below:
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.